#FIRSTLOOK: CAST ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR “UNTITLED ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER PROJECT”
As announced previously, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be making his Television series debut in an upcoming Untitled Netflix project. Additional casting announcements have been made and there’s quite a bit of Canadian representation in there! Schwarzenegger will not only star but serve as Executive Producer.
- Jay Baruchel (he / him) will play “Carter,” the sweet and unsuspecting boyfriend of Emma (Monica Barbaro). Carter is a kindergarten teacher who has been made to believe his CIA officer girlfriend works for a non-profit that provides clean water to those in need around the world. He prioritizes family above all, but his love of Emma will be put to the test when he finds out many secrets about her. (Past Credits: This is the End, Tropic Thunder)
- Aparna Brielle (she / her) will play “Tina,” an NSA analyst on loan to the CIA. Despite her youth, she is very good at her job – extremely capable and intelligent, though a bit intimidated by her new colleagues. (Past Credits: Boo, Bitch, A.P. Bio)
- Andy Buckley (he / him) will play “Donnie,” Tally’s current boyfriend, who is an easy-going fellow. He is a thoughtful and positive presence in Tally’s life, but that positivity fades when he realizes Luke (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is trying to win Tally back. (Past Credits: The Office, Avenue 5 )
- Milan Carter (he / him) will play “Barry,” a loveable man-child and proud nerd, who is an American CIA officer that has worked closely with Luke for the past 20 years. Barry is a kind and brilliant officer who keeps Luke and his team safe while staying far away from the action. (Past Credits: WARPED!, The Neighborhood)
- Fortune Feimster (she / her) will play “Roo” (short for Ruth), a smart, sarcastic CIA Officer who looks up to Luke as a father figure. (Past Credits: Sweet & Salty, The Mindy Project)
- Barbara Eve Harris (she / her) will play “Dot,” the Regional CIA Director. Intelligent, commanding, intimidating – Dot suffers no fools. (Past Credits: Sharp ObjectsI, Station 19)
- Gabriel Luna (he / him) will play “Boro,” an incredibly charismatic, Oxford-educated businessman, who’s chosen to apply those skills to a career in the illegal arms trade. (Past Credits: The Last of Us, Terminator)
- Fabiana Udenio (she / her) will play “Tally,” Luke’s ex-wife and Emma’s mother, who does not know that the two are in the CIA, but has always been suspicious of Luke’s frequent “business trips” which created distance in their relationship. Tally now has a new man in her life, but the chemistry between her and Luke is still palpable. (Past Credits: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Jane the Virgin)
- Travis Van Winkle (he/him) will play “Aldon,” a great CIA officer and world class wise-ass, who is a kind and sweet man under it all. (Past Credits: Made For Love, Good Sam)
- Devon Bostick (he / him) will play “Oscar.” Luke and Tally’s son and an aspiring app developer, who has never lived up to his father’s expectations. (Past Credits: Oppenheimer, Okja)
- David Chinchilla (he / him) will play “Cain Khan,” Boro’s intimidating first lieutenant, working in the illegal arms business. (Past Credits: The Mayor of Kingstown, Reacher)
- Introducing Rachel Lynch (she / her) playing “Romi,” Sandy and Oscar’s sweet 6-year-old kid, who has a special relationship with her “pee-pa,” Luke.
- Stephanie Sy (she / her) will play “Sandy,” Oscar’s supportive wife and mother of their daughter, Romi. (Past Credits: SÉANCE, First Person Shooter)
- Scott Thompson (he / him) will play “Dr. Louis Pfeffer,” an operational psychologist at the CIA responsible for conducting joint therapy sessions with Luke and Emma. (Past Credits: KIDS IN THE HALL, HANNIBAL)
The Series will be eight episodes at 60 minutes each.
(Photo credit: Netflix)
#SPOTTED: DEVON BOSTICK IN TORONTO FILMING “REGRESSION”
22-year-old Devon Bostick may have developed an ardent following with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Franchise and Indie Darlings like Adoration by Atom Egoyan, but his profile continues to rise rapidly. He stars currently in breakout Sci-Fi Series The 100 on The CW/Netflix currently, actively promoting the Series on Twitter with his Fans.
Bostick now returns home to Toronto to film brand-new Thriller Regression which currently has been in production for over a month now. He stars alongside some Heavyweights like Ethan Hawke (appearing at TIFF Bell Lightbox next week!), David Thewlis and of course, Emma Watson. The Film centers on a Father accused of a crime he has no memory of committing. Regression is directed by Alejandro Amenabar.
The Actor was nice to stop for a quick Photo earlier today upon arriving in the City from Los Angeles, where he is based. He was just in Toronto last month promoting The 100. Learn more about the Series here.
See our Snap:
Regression wraps June 15, 2014.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong/The CW)
#FIRSTLOOK: “THE 100” STARRING ELIZA TAYLOR, MARIE AVGEROPOULOS AND DEVON BOSTICK
I admit it! I’m totally behind on my TV viewing of late, but this weekend I discovered the highly-addictive new Sci-Fi Series from The CW, The 100! Starring a fresh-faced Cast including Eliza Taylor, Marie Avgeropoulos, Bobby Morley, Devon Bostick and Thomas McDonnell, the Series is set in a post-Apocalyptic Earth, where 100 young Men and Women are transported to, in order to determine whether or not Mankind finally can return and survive. The 100 were deemed Criminals and because they had not yet reached the age of 18, were not punished to death.
Based on the Series of Books by Kass Morgan, the Series premiered late March to 2.7 million Viewers, deemed a ratings Hit! If anyone knows what connects with young people, it’s certainly The CW, responsible for Arrow, Gossip Girl, America’s Next Top Model and Vampire Diaries and something tells me this is going to be around for a while. It is a cut from the same cloth which Fans of The Twilight Saga and The Hunger Games would wear.
Australian Actress Taylor is front and center of it all, starring as Clarke, who is imprisoned for aiding her Father, who was sentenced to death for revealing crucial information about The Ark‘s (a collective of Survivors residing in space stations at the time of the Apocalypse) depleting life support systems. She carries the weight of the Show with a commanding presence to her, acting as the logic and reason to a hot-headed group of Teens, whom at any turn could be eliminated at one wrong misstep.
The gorgeous Avgeropoulos is an interesting Character, the dark to Clarke‘s light. Suppressed her entire life and free to explore at last, she appears read to get herself in all sorts of trouble, starring as Octavia Blake. Bobby Morley plays her Brother, Bellamy, keeping a watchful eye on her, at once having to watch his own back as he makes his way onto the shuttle to Earth among The 100 through his own illicit means.
Toronto is represented by our v. own Bostick, known best for his work on Degrassi: The Next Generation, Adoration and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He plays the adventurous Jasper, who has his heart set on Octavia. You won’t want to see what happens to him at the end of the first Episode. Ouch!
Genre Fans also will recognize the lovely Kelly Hu as Cece, who has starred in a litany of TV Series and Films like Hawaii Five-O, The Scorpion King, Warehouse 13, Arrow and The Vampire Diaries.
Canadians are extremely lucky to get the entire first Season of The 100 licensed exclusively to Netflix Canada! That’s right, Canada – you can stream new episodes within 24 hours after each episode airs in the U.S. Wednesday nights on The CW at 9 PM EST.
Watch the Trailer here:
(Photo credit: The CW/Netflix Canada)