#COOKING: CORN CHEESE RECIPE
Corn Cheese. This is huge in Korea and you’ll realize exactly why once you try. Imagine cheese, peppers, corn and chewy rice cakes all together. A sweet, textural sensation! You can serve it as an accompaniment to your rice or noodles and it’s just as perfect on its own! What better way to observe Meatless Monday than with an amazing veggie dish that stands on its own?
1 7 oz. can corn kernels, drained and pat dry
1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
1/2 sweet green pepper, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
2 1/2 tbsps mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
2 tbsps unsalted butter
1/2 tsp organic raw sugar
10 Korean Rice Cakes (stuffed with cheese if available), frozen
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Cilantro for garnish
1. Mix corn, peppers and onion in Mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
2. Heat butter in skillet till melted. Add corn mixture and cook on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add-in rice cakes and stir gently, cooking another 5 minutes.
4. Add 1/4 cup of Mozzarella, stirring gently till melted.
5. Transfer mixture to a baking pan, top with remaining cheese and cilantro. Broil 5-7 minutes till cheese is golden brown. Serve.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)