#COOKING: CAMERON DIAZ’S ROASTED CORN SALAD + FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
Cameron Diaz’s Roasted Corn Salad + Fried Chicken Thighs. Who knew Cameron Diaz was such an amazing cook? I fell into a black hole of cooking videos over the weekend and was rather impressed with Diaz‘s play-by-play of her Salad recipe. She’d explain the process of roasting and caramelizing corn, the impact of salt and the types of salt being important, plus also, her chopping skills were mesmerizing. I did worry about the raw Sugar Snap Peas being too tough and fibrous, but sliced thinly and mixed with the corn, there were no issues. She suggests serving this Salad with Chicken Thighs, which I do in my Air Fryer. I made a couple modifications because most of us don’t have her fancy vinegars and salts, and threw-in some Edamame for added protein. Simple, clean and flavourful eating meant for Summer. I make enough here for six people. Perfect with a glass of Chardonnay. Enjoy!
8 Chicken Thighs
2 cups of Sugar Snap Peas
, de-stringed and chopped thin
4 cobs of Corn, kernels sliced off the cob
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed Orange Juice (I use Cara Cara
1/4 cup Edamame
, removed from pods
6 tbsps Olive Oil
4 tbsps Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp Truffle Oil
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Sea salt and pepper
Cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Season Chicken Thighs in Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and pepper. Refrigerate and bring out about 45 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in iron skillet on medium-high heat.
3. Roast corn kernels, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Add sprinkling of sea salt. Cook till brown and caramelized (about 10 minutes).
4. Prepare dressing in small bowl with vinegar, juice, garlic, 4 tbsps olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Pre-heat Air Fryer five minutes at 375°F.
6. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp truffle oil onto Chicken Thighs. Cook in two batches in Air Fryer, about 15 minutes each batch, turning once half-way through.
7. In large salad bowl, toss corn kernels, Edamame and thinly-sliced Sugar Snap Peas in dressing.
8. Plate Chicken Thighs with rice (if you like), and a few scoops of the Salad. Garnish with chopped Cilantro if you like. I like to sprinkle Furikake on rice for flavour. Cameron sprinkles Feta on her Salad, so there’s an option!
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)