#COOKING: TIRAMISU OREO TIRAMISU RECIPE
Tiramisu Oreo Tiramisu. Now for a limited-time only, Tiramisu Oreos are available. And they’re amazing! This was a chance to combine two favourites! I love that Tiramisu doesn’t need to be baked, hence less work and it honestly tastes better by the day. Something euphoric happens with you get a taste of that coffee and Mascarpone together and you get the nose once you take a bite.
If you don’t have Coffee Liquer, boil a simple syrup of equal parts organic raw sugar and water (3/4 cup each), three tbsps high-grade freeze-dried coffee (I use a Japanese coffee by Maxim). Once cooled a bit, add 1 tsp vanilla and 2/3 cup Vodka. Allow to cool before using. Easy.
2 packs (24 total) Ladyfinger biscuits
1 275g tub of Mascarpone or Cream Cheese plus 1/4 cup of whipping cream
3 eggs, separated and room temperature
3/4 cup double-strength coffee or Espresso, room temperature
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 tbsps organic raw sugar
2 tbsps icing sugar
1/4 cup Coffee Liquer
10 Tiramisu Oreos, crushed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Mix half of Coffee Liquer and coffee in a shallow platter or bowl.
2. Dip one side only of each Ladyfinger into coffee. Arrange along bottom of rectangular dish. Break some of them to fill gaps, ensuring bottom is covered. Press down gently with hands.
3. In large bowl using hand mixer, whip Mascarpone with vanilla and remainder of liquer.
4. Whisk egg yolks and raw sugar till creamy in a bowl placed within a larger bowl containing a bit of warm water.
5. Using handmixer, add yolk mixture into Mascarpone.
6. In separate bowl, whip your whipping cream with handmixer. Fold with spatula into Mascarpone.
7. In another bowl, whip egg whites and salt with handmixer till stiff peaks form. Add icing sugar and whip till stiff peaks stand on their own.
8. Fold egg whites into Mascarpone with spatula till just combined. Mixture should be fluffy and creamy.
9. Pour half of the mixture over dipped Ladyfingers. Sprinkle some crushed Tiramisu Oreos crumbs on-top.
10. Repeat step 2.
11. Repeat step 9 without crushed Oreos.
12. Refrigerate covered for 2 hours.
13. Using sieve, dust cocoa powder over top. Sprinkle with more crushed Tiramisu Oreos. Cover.
14. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)
#VIRAL: SEE OFFICIAL COMEDY’S “PUMPKIN SPICE: THE MOVIE” PARODY TRAILER
This totally made my morning! Coffee and Comedy – two of my favourite things, together in a Parody Trailer! Official Comedy have just released this hilarious Video poking-fun at the over-saturation of the Pumpkin Spice Craze. Whether it be in your Coffee, your Muffins, your Doughnuts or even your Soup – basically the World goes Pumpkin every Fall.
I admit though, it does make me do a double-take when it’s like the middle of March and someone asks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks… and they actually still have it! Some just have to have their Pumpkin even when it’s not seasonally-appropriate.
But what happens when the Pumpkin Spice Craze gets turned into a Horror Movie? Hilarious. If you love Pumpkin Spice Lattes, this is a Drama. If you can’t stand Pumpkin Spice Lattes or have had enough of them, this is pure Comedy!
It happens every Fall. The world is plagued by a substance so scrumptious, so seasonal, so sinister, no one can escape it. Check out this new terrifying trailer from Official Comedy. If. You. Dare.
See the Trailer below:
(Photo/video credit: Official Comedy)
#FOOD: DINEEN COFFEE CO. IN TORONTO
This is exactly what Toronto needs – something decadent! DINEEN COFFEE CO. has arrived indeed and its first ever Location at Adelaide x Yonge in Financial District, looks ever-promising. I am just going to put the obvious out there first. The Men who frequent this Place are outlandishly handsome – that is, if well-groomed Men in Suits are your thing. So Ladies and Sisters of a Brotherly Variety, you get a little bit of an added incentive there.
In fact, a post about DINEEN COFFEE CO. on my Facebook Timeline drew a texted reaction to my Phone from a Friend: “OMG. I love Dineen. I go there to write all the time. The Men are so hot!”. There you go.
The Boutique Coffee Shop recalls another era with an unmistakable Parisian flare to it. Gorgeous burgundy seats are cozy and the Patio is ambiance illustrated. The Staff are friendly and more than willing to offer their opinion what Pastries to pair with your Caffeine.
Bold, robust flavours are aimed for the palates of their Suit-clad Clientele and Menu Offerings like Baguettes, Quiche, Muffins and Cookies look a cut above the Competition, without prices being above them.
See some Snaps:
Learn more about Dineen Coffee Co. here.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)
#FOOD: TIM HORTONS CREATEST JASON PRIESTLEY-INSPIRED DOUGHNUT “THE PRIESTLEY”
For fun, Canada’s favourite Coffee & Doughnut Chain Tim Hortons took Actor Jason Priestley‘s idea of cramming a Timbit (Donut Hole) within a Doughnut so much, that they created a Creation in his honour, The Priestley. Essentially, they take a Chocolate Timbit and bake it inside a Strawberry Vanilla Doughnut, as the jelly filling enrobes the Timbit after hearing about his idea originally on Twitter.
Priestley, who soon will be in Toronto for David Mamet‘s political Play Race between April and May, was ecstatic upon receiving the Tweet from Tim Hortons, replying “Thank you Tim Hortons!!! This is the proudest day of my life!!! A doughnut named after me at Timmie‘s?? #bestdayever”.
Now, if the Marketing Department truly were savvy, they’d start approaching other notable Canadian Celebrities for Doughnut of the Month-type Collaborations. Could you imagine a crunchy Potato Chip-topped Doughnut by Celine Dion? Shania‘s favourite fruits-filled Donut? Genius!
(Photo credit: @TimHortons)