#COOKING: PEACH COBBLER RECIPE
Peach Cobbler. Peaches are so in-season right now. It’s really your loss if you haven’t picked some up! This recipe is so easy even the most entry-level Baker can nail this! I like to add a bit of orange in as it complements peach so well. This takes exactly like Summer should taste. I like to add a bit of texture on-top in oats and almonds, but that’s completely up to you if you want to keep that in! It’s your life! I’m just saying it’s better with crunch. Not judging you. 🍑
5 large peaches, skinned and cut into 1″ thick slices
1 cup flour
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup organic raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oats
4 tbsps almond slivers, toasted
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
a couple pinches of nutmeg
zest of one orange
2 tbsps juice of orange
1. Pre-heat oven at 375°F.
2. Pour melted butter into baking dish.
3. In large bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup raw sugar, salt, baking powder and milk.
4. Pour batter over the melted better. Do not mix together.
5. In sauce pan, bring peaches, zest, juice and remaining sugar to boil. Remove from heat.
6. Pour peaches over batter mixture. Do not mix together. Sprinkle nutmeg, cinnamon, oats and almonds on-top.
7. Bake 40 minutes till golden and toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
8. Cool at room temperature. Serve with ice cream.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)