#COOKING: KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
Key Lime Pie. Summer’s back and this is my favourite pie of all time. Nothing compares to sweet and tart. Best of all, it is real simple and requires minimal baking! Now that’s our kind of pie!
1 1/2 cups Graham Crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup organic raw sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
8 limes, juiced (abt 2/3 cup)
Zest of 4 limes (put aside 1 tsp)
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix Graham Crumbs, butter and sugar. Line pie dish with crumbs.
3. Bake 7 minutes, careful not to burn. Place in fridge, cool 30 minutes to an hour.
4. In large bowl, mix sour cream, condensed milk, zest and juice.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Pour filling into crust. Bake 10 minutes.
7. Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes minimum and chill overnight.
8. Prepare topping by whipping cream with handmixer.
9. Fold-in icing sugar with vanilla extract, using spatula. Scoop into piping bag and pipe on top of pie. Sprinkle reserved zest.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)