#COOKING: HELLO KITTY MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
Hello Kitty Mac & Cheese. She’s an icon and what better way to celebrate her in a dish worthy of her greatness, Mac & Cheese? Our mind was blown that Hello Kitty Pasta exists and we found this in a Japanese Houseware Store (Oomomo). You also can find this online. Something a little fun and comforting to make your day for kids big and small!
450g Hello Kitty-shaped Pasta
3 cups whole milk
3 cups Old Cheddar, grated
1 cup Gruyere, grated
6 Kraft Singles
1 cup whipping cream
¼ cup flour
6 tbsps unsalted butter
5-6 drops red food colouring (or beet juice if you’re conscious like that!)
Sea salt and pepper
1 cup Panko
½ cup Parmesan, grated
4 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
½ tsp Paprika
4 drops red food colouring (or beet juice!)
1. Cook Pasta till al dente
and set aside. Toss in a bit of olive oil.
2. Preheat oven at 350°F.
3. In large sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter, add cheeses (reserve about a cup or more), milk, cream, salt and pepper. Stir frequently till just melted.
4. In small bowl mix flour and a bit of water to make a slurry.
5. Whisk slurry into cheese sauce and drop-in colouring. If lumps form, use sieve to strain lumps out.
6. Place pasta in baking dish and pour sauce, mixing evenly.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on-top.
8. Mix colour into butter. Add Panko,
Paprika and Parmesan.
9. Top pasta with crust mixture and bake 30 minutes till crust is golden.
10. Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve with Sriracha
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)