#COOKING: SOBA NOODLE BOWL RECIPE
Soba Bowl. Soba are the perfect noodle. Made of Buckwheat, these nourishing noods cook just as fast as Instant Ramen. This Bowl is great when you are short on time or inspiration. Tangy, sweet, vegetarian and light, this is one dish is super-easy to make.
2-3 handfuls of Soba Noodles
1/4 cup corn kernels
12 Edamame Pea Pods, shells removed
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise
5 tbsps Ketchup
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce (available in vegetarian)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1. Boil Soba Noodles in salted water. Note these noodles cook quickly. Rinse and strain in colander.
- 2. In shallow bowl, layer with a base of noodles. Add Edamame, corn, a dollop of em>Soba Sauce and cheese.
- 3. Microwave for about 45 seconds on high till cheese melts.
- 4. Drizzle Kewpie Mayonnaise on top.
- 5. Add dash of Furukake.
- 6. Serves 3-4. Mix well when eating.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)