#COOKING: ROY CHOI “GHETTO DOUGHNUTS” RECIPE
Roy Choi’s “Ghetto Doughnuts”. We learned of this handy recipe from watching SELENA + CHEF. Who wouldn’t want doughnuts at home in minutes? These are so simple, quick and satisfying. While Roy normally fries these in Crisco, I did these in the Air Fryer with a brush of coconut oil and honestly, they’re still great and if anything healthier than deep frying. Try them out!
1 tube of Pillsbury Country Biscuit Dough
1/2 cup granulated organic sugar
3 tbsps black sesame, toasted
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat Air Fryer at 360°F for 3-4 minutes.
2. Dough is already pre-portioned (10) so transfer portions to a platter and brush each side of dough with coconut oil. If you like, you can cut holes in the pieces with a round cutter and use those as doughnut holes.
3. Place 4-5 pieces into Air Fryer at a time. Fry for about 7 minutes.
4. While frying, combine sugar, cinnamon and sesame in a large bowl.
5. Once doughnuts are cooked, brush again with some coconut oil and transfer to sugar mixture. If having trouble adhering, use your hand and sprinkle sugar mixture on-top.
6. Transfer doughnuts to a serving platter.
7. Store in air-tight container for a day at room temperature. Blitz quickly in the microwave before serving for a refresh.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)