#FOOD: NESTEA + LISA MARIE’S #NESTEATASTING
Ice Tea and Cocktails, really. We had a wonderful time enjoying some unique Cocktail pairings courtesy of NESTEA and one of our fave Spots in the City, Fidel Gastro‘s LISA MARIE. Tea Sommelier Linda Gaylard hosted our night, educating us on Tea History as our Tastebuds were delighted!
We experienced a magical six-course food pairing with both NESTEA‘s Black and Green Iced Teas. We experienced the zing of the GingerTEAni with a scrumptious Ginger Snap-crusted Snapper Bao, East Meets West – a refreshing Green Tea Cocktail infused with the essence of Celery paired with a creamy Bulgogi Mac’n’Cheese. How could we forget the Cocoa-Citrus Tea with Mini Mole Chicken Tostada? Marvelous.
See some of the pairings we tried below:
How about trying NESTEA as your new Cocktail base?
Although the Kentucky Derby isn’t till May, how about a Mint Julep?
MINT TEA JULEP COCKTAIL
- 1 oz. Bourbon
- 1 oz. NESTEA reduction ( to make reduction, bring 1 cup of NESTEA to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer until liquid reduces). NESTEA ZERO can be substituted for lower calories/lower sugar.
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 mint sprig
- Crushed Ice
- Muddle 2 tablespoons of chopped mint in bottom of glass
- Add reduction and bourbon
- Fill to brim with crushed ice
- Garnish with mint sprig
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)