#COOKING: TIRAMISU OREO TIRAMISU RECIPE
Tiramisu Oreo Tiramisu. Now for a limited-time only, Tiramisu Oreos are available. And they’re amazing! This was a chance to combine two favourites! I love that Tiramisu doesn’t need to be baked, hence less work and it honestly tastes better by the day. Something euphoric happens with you get a taste of that coffee and Mascarpone together and you get the nose once you take a bite.
If you don’t have Coffee Liquer, boil a simple syrup of equal parts organic raw sugar and water (3/4 cup each), three tbsps high-grade freeze-dried coffee (I use a Japanese coffee by Maxim). Once cooled a bit, add 1 tsp vanilla and 2/3 cup Vodka. Allow to cool before using. Easy.
2 packs (24 total) Ladyfinger biscuits
1 275g tub of Mascarpone or Cream Cheese plus 1/4 cup of whipping cream
3 eggs, separated and room temperature
3/4 cup double-strength coffee or Espresso, room temperature
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 tbsps organic raw sugar
2 tbsps icing sugar
1/4 cup Coffee Liquer
10 Tiramisu Oreos, crushed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Mix half of Coffee Liquer and coffee in a shallow platter or bowl.
2. Dip one side only of each Ladyfinger into coffee. Arrange along bottom of rectangular dish. Break some of them to fill gaps, ensuring bottom is covered. Press down gently with hands.
3. In large bowl using hand mixer, whip Mascarpone with vanilla and remainder of liquer.
4. Whisk egg yolks and raw sugar till creamy in a bowl placed within a larger bowl containing a bit of warm water.
5. Using handmixer, add yolk mixture into Mascarpone.
6. In separate bowl, whip your whipping cream with handmixer. Fold with spatula into Mascarpone.
7. In another bowl, whip egg whites and salt with handmixer till stiff peaks form. Add icing sugar and whip till stiff peaks stand on their own.
8. Fold egg whites into Mascarpone with spatula till just combined. Mixture should be fluffy and creamy.
9. Pour half of the mixture over dipped Ladyfingers. Sprinkle some crushed Tiramisu Oreos crumbs on-top.
10. Repeat step 2.
11. Repeat step 9 without crushed Oreos.
12. Refrigerate covered for 2 hours.
13. Using sieve, dust cocoa powder over top. Sprinkle with more crushed Tiramisu Oreos. Cover.
14. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)