#COOKING: TENDER RIBS RECIPE
Ribs. It’s been way too long since we’ve relished a rack and who would’ve known how easy it is to make these at home? The trick is to remove the tough membrane on the back of the rack, bake at a low heat and to apply your sauce right at the finish! These were perfect and oh so tender!
3 lbs pork ribs
8 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsps soy sauce
Black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Billy Bones Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce (or your favourite!)
3 tbsps honey
1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean Pepper Paste)
1 tbsp Sambal (or Sriracha)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Remove white membrane on back of ribs. Cut ribs into four sections.
2. Marinate ribs in garlic, soy sauce and pepper. Let stand room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Preheat oven at 275°F.
4. Place ribs in dish and cover with foil. Bake 3.5 hours.
5. Mix all BBQ sauce ingredients together in bowl.
6. Remove ribs from oven and brush with sauce.
7. Set rack in oven one level up (be careful) and set oven to a high broil. Place ribs back in oven uncovered and broil about 5-6 minutes to desired level of charring.
8. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with corn, potato salad and baked beans.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)