#COOKING: SEAFOOD CURRY RECIPE
Seafood Curry. Made this sumptuous delight in ten easy steps. The trick behind a great Seafood Curry is one, a great curry base and two, to cook the seafood as late as possible so that it is juicy and tender.
1 block of Glico Japanese Curry
2 lbs of peeled Tiger Prawns, brined in salt water
2 lbs of Tilapia/Basa fillets cut into chunks, brined in salt water
2 white potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 purple onion, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, chopped in cylinders
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 can Coconut Milk
Salt to taste
Coriander, chopped finely
1. Use Glico Japanese Curry. Japanese Curry is more of the yellow variety and is sweeter and milder on the palate than others. I use Medium but varying levels of heat are available.
2. Chop and sautée on high heat a purple onion and four cloves of minced garlic.
3. Chop two peeled potatoes and add into onions and garlic once caramelized. Sautée until potatoes are browned.
4. Add-in one block of Glico Japanese Curry, add four cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add-in a chopped carrot. Cover lid.
5. Simmer for about 45 minutes till potatoes are softened. Add 1/2 can Coconut Milk.
6. Turn-up to medium heat and bring mixture to a boil. Add in salt to taste. Add-in shrimp and fish pieces after they’ve been brined a couple hours and drained.
7. Stir gently.
8. Bring to the point of a boil and reduce to low heat. Cover with lid and cook five minutes.
9. Turn off heat. Let sit five minutes covered. Remove from heat.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with rice, roti or parnatha. Pickled lime optional.
View this post on Instagram
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)