Almond Cookies. These might seem basic, but they are delicious, with a pleasing chewy texture. The cookie base not only is gluten-free, it’s keto and also vegan. You can make these with minimal prep and little time in the oven. Above that, there are so few ingredients!
Here are two delectable variations, Cherry-Almond Thumbprint and Black Sesame-Almond.
1 cup Almond Flour
3 tbsps organic raw sugar
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup black sesame seeds, toasted (variation 1)
1/4 cup crushed almonds (variation 2)
2 tbsps cherry preserves (variation 2)
1. Preheat oven at 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt, flour, baking powder and oil. Add 2 tbsps of water or more and gently shape into a dough ball.
3. For variation 1, mix sesame seeds into dough. Shape into 6-8 discs and placed on baking sheet.
4. For variation 2, mix almonds into dough. Shape dough into 6-8 balls and place on baking sheet. Press thumbprint down in center if each ball and fill with fruit preserves.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and serve. These will last a few days in air-tight container, you also may freeze them.