#COOKING: CHERRY-ALMOND CAKE RECIPE
Cherry Almond Cake. We love a good, simple cake. And Cherry-Almond is one of my favourite nostalgic flavour combinations. This one is timely and festive. Ensure you use organic and pure flavourings, as extracts labelled “imitiation” flavouring can ruin it all. Enjoy this crunchy, crumbly, buttery perfection which would fit right into your Holiday baking rotation!
1/2 cup Almond Flour, sifted
1/2 cup White Flour, sifted
1/2 cup organic raw sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 tsp pure almond extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
12 Maraschino Cherries, pat dry
- 1. Set oven to 325°F. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes till creamy.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time.
- 3. Add extracts and beat til creamy.
- 4. Add in flours, baking powder and salt.
- 5. Do not overmix, only mix till combined.
- 6. Gently grease baking pan and dust with flour.
- 7. Pour batter into pan. Place cherries on top of batter.
- 8. Cover with toasted almond slivers.
- 9. Bake for 35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool 40 minutes before serving. Dust with icing sugar.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)