#TIFF12: MR. WILL’S 12 ESSENTIALS
With the Countdown to TIFF 2012 dwindling into the hours, here is a list of 12 things I absolutely cannot do without over these 11 long, intense days.
1. Crumps Naturals Steak Tendersticks: Not for me of course, but an extra special Dog like Billy deserves nothing but the best nourishment for my extended absences during the Festival. These Treats made of freeze-dried Steak are packed with flavour and protein. I ensure he gets a generous helping of these before I head-out, knowing he’s good for a while till I get home.
2. Starbucks: Do you even know who you’re dealing with here? Certified Caffeine Addict. I become another Person whom I happen to love a little more when I’m caffeinated. There is Starbucks and no other. A Grande Americano, three raw Sugars and two splashes of Cream, please!
3. H&M Fall 2012 Collection Cardigan: Toronto Weather notoriously is unpredictable. Days are tropical; nights are well… Arctic? It is always smart to wear a Cardigan just in case and I only trust H&M for a great, comfy one. Special thanks to H&M Canada for this lovely Essential. Can’t wait to wear it!
4. Memorex TravelDrive: I always have this loaded in advance with Photos of my favourite Celebrities attending the Festival so that I’m ready to print a Photo in the event an opportunity pops-up to get it signed. Might I suggest Shopper’s Drug Mart for a quick, instant Print?
5. Honda Fit: I’m thrilled to be driving a sporty and compact Honda Fit this year for my Festival Adventures. Thank you Honda Canada for letting me test drive this. I love smaller cars – perfect for those tight indoor parking spots – so this indeed is a perfect “fit”!
6. Kiehl’s Facial Fuel SP-15 Moisturizer: The Secret to my being in my 30s and still getting carded. Long days in the sun require protection and this Moisturizer is perfect and light enough for my Combination Skin
7. Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE: I loved my Blackberry, but I cannot live without this super-efficient Android Phone. I plan to keep my Charger with me at all times as it is important to stay charged and connected with my Readers on my Celebrity Encounters throughout the Festival. Follow on Instagram (mrwillwong), Facebook and Twitter as I provide to-the-minute updates of who’s been spotted and who’s arriving. The Phone’s 8.0 Megapixel Camera also serves ably as a Back-up for my Celebrity Photos; its SD Card Slot also allows me to transfer Photos right off my Olympus E-PL2 and right on the Net!
8. Black Sharpie: The savvy Celebrity or Publicist always is cautious of which Autograph Collectors are likely to sell on eBay. To be safe, I carry black as one of the more common colours of Autographs found on eBay is blue. Excited to see who’s Autographs I’ll be able to nab for Reader Giveaways this year!
9. Subway Sandwiches: Often throughout the Festival I manage to fit-in only one or two meals a day, but a Subway Sandwich contains all four food groups, is filling, fast, affordable ($5.25 Footlong) and more importantly, delicious. My Fave is a Cold Cut Combo on Parmesan & Herb Bread, with everything but onions and pickled peppers, a splash of salt and pepper… and Chipotle Sauce – untoasted.
10. Jack Spade Messenger Bag: Years ago I went to New York City and found this beauty, but stashed it away (never to be used) and only rediscovered it recently. Straight from Soho, this sleek Bag is just perfect for TIFF. Roomy enough to store my Camera, a bottle of water and also equipped with slots for my Cell Phone, Sharpies and Photos, it’s as if this Bag was designed just for me and TIFF!
11. Nestle Pure Life Water: Perhaps the most affordable and best-tasting Water in the Cooler at the Convenience Store. It is important to keep hydrated during those long days on your feet throughout the Festival.
12. Olympus E-PL2: Compact, quick and always trustworthy in nailing that beautiful Shot, my Olympus E-PL2 was with me at TIFF 2011and will be soldering through another Festival with me this year.
(Photo credit: Sharpie, Jack Spade, Nestle, Olympus, H&M, Mr. Will Wong, Kiehl’s, Samsung, Starbucks, Memorex & Crumps Naturals)