#COOKING: MEXICAN SHRIMP CAESAR COCKTAIL RECIPE
Mexican Shrimp Caesar Cocktail. If you love Shrimp Cocktail, your mind will be blown by this. This is NEXT. LEVEL. Thanks to my dear friend Cherie DeVaux for introducing me to this. You’ll need plenty of Tortilla Chips to scoop-up this deliciousness that is a bit like Chips & Salsa, Shrimp Cocktail, Gazpacho and also a Caesar all-in-one! My life will never be the same. Gorgeous, fresh flavours. If you can locate some meaty, jumbo Argentinian Shrimp to make this happen, believe me, it is worth it!
1 lb jumbo Argentinian Shrimp, raw and de-veined
3 whole tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, peeled and minced
2 avocados, peeled and seed removed
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 red onion, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp Sriracha
1 tbsp horseradish
Sea salt, to taste
Bag of Tortilla Chips
1. Boil shrimp till just cooked (red in colour). Rinse in colander under cold water. Peel, keeping tail on. Reserve 1 cup broth, straining residue and chill in fridge.
2. In large bowl, combine tomatoes, celery, onion, Jalapeño, cilantro, cucumber, ketchup, horseradish, Sriracha and lime juice.
3. Mince 2-3 cooked shrimp and add to mixture. Pour-in cooled shrimp broth.
4. Season with salt. Mix thoroughly.
5. Chill 30 minutes.
6. Take glasses and rub rim with lime and dip in Caesar Rimmer.
7. Ladle mixture into cup. Line rim of glasses with shrimp. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)
View this post on Instagram