#COOKING: PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM CROSTINI RECIPE
Portobello Mushroom Crostini. Got this idea from Lisa and Pandora Vanderpump. An amazing quick-to-prepare, light yet substantial brunch, which you can double if you have more guests! 🍞🍄
4 slices of French bread
200g Smooth Ricotta
4 tbsps Goat Cheese
6 large Portobello Mushrooms, sliced thin
1/2 white onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cloves garlic, halved
3 tbsps red wine
2 tbsps pine nuts, toasted
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Truffle Oil
Sea salt and pepper
1. Sautée onions on medium-high heat and garlic in olive oil till almost caramelmized. Toss-in mushrooms and cook till wilted.
2. Add wine and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir-in Thyme. Do not cook too long. Once wine reduces, add Truffle Oil, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
3. Rub garlic clove halves on bread and toast in oven at 350°F for 5-6 minutes till crisp. Drizzle olive oil on-top.
4. In small bowl, whisk Ricotta, olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Layer Ricotta onto Crostini. Spoon mushroom mixture on-top. Spoon Goat’s Cheese and toasted Pine Nuts on-top. Garnish with a bit more Thyme and serve with olives. Serves 4.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)