#COOKING: BOBA BUTTER TART PIE RECIPE
Boba Butter Tart Pie. Happy Canada Day! 🇨🇦 What better way to celebrate this wonderful country than an immersion of the classic Canadian Butter Tart and our favourite, Chatime Tea! Even if you can’t find those tea packets, use your favourite bold black tea.
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled
1/3 cup + 2 tbsps Crisco Golden All-Vegetable Shortening
1/4 cup cold water
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
125g Instant Pearl Brown Sugar Tapioca
2 packets of Chatime Double Rich Roasted Milk Tea (or your favourite bold black tea)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsps maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare pastry, combining ingredients, adding water 1 tbsp at a time, handling minimally. Knead dough gently on floured surface. Roll into ball. Chill minimum 2 hours, no more than 5 days.
2. Roll dough out and fit into pie pan. Use fork to prick bottom of shell and crimp edges of crust. Chill another 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 400°F.
4. Soak raisins in warm water for about 10 minutes, drain.
5. Boil 1 cup water, soak two tea bags and add Instant Pearls. Soak 5 minutes and strain liquid. Mix pearls with raisins.
6. In sauce pan on medium-low heat, melt butter and mix with corn syrup, maple syrup, brown sugar, salt and vanilla till dissolved. Do not reach boiling point.
7. Best two eggs in large bowl. Pour-in butter mixture.
8. Line bottom of pie shell with raisins and tapioca mixture.
9. Pour butter-egg mixture over top.
10. Place pie pan on baking sheet to catch spills. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F. Bake another 20 minutes.
11. Cool at room temperature minimum 3 hours. Store pie room temperature for up to three days. Reheat pie slices when ready to serve. Plate with a dollop of whipped cream.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)