#FIRSTLOOK: #DREAMBIGPRINCESS VIDEO SERIES
Disney Parks is showing its commitment to help develop the talent of tomorrow! 21 members (from 13 countries) from their GIRL UP Program, including twin sisters Maryam and Nivaal Rehman from Whitby, Ontario will have their Short Films featured in their #DREAMBIGPRINCESS Video Series. The Sisters are the only Canadians chosen. The GIRL UP Program is designed to empower the next generation by spotlighting young female trailblazers!
Every like or share these videos get, garners a $1 US donation from Disney Worldwide Services to GIRL UP, a United Nations Foundation program, in support of girls’ leadership and empowerment.
Some of the influencial women who are part of the #DREAMBIGPRINCESS Series:
· Asmaa Boujibar – Research scientist and the first Moroccan woman in history to join NASA Johnson Space Center.
· Ashima Narain – Photographer, filmmaker and former photo editor for National Geographic Traveler India.
· Blanca Treviño – President and CEO of Softtek, the leading IT services company in Latin America, champion for entrepreneurialism, IT and the role of women in business.
· Emily Blunt – Golden Globe Award-winning actress and star of upcoming Disney movies Mary Poppins Returns and Jungle Cruise.
· Celina Caesar-Chavannes – Canadian member of Parliament who served as Parliamentary Secretary to Prime Minister of Canada.
· Jennifer Lee – Chief creative officer at Walt Disney Animation Studios, writer and co-director of Disney’s Frozen for which she won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
· Jo Malone CBE – Founder and creative director of Jo Loves, responsible for creating some of the world’s most-loved fragrances, awarded a CBE in the 2018 Queen’s Birthday Honors List for her services to the British Economy and the GREAT Britain campaign.
· Karen Jonz – Brazilian skateboarder, designer and musician who won the 2008 X Games women’s vertical and the World Cup Skateboarding Championship four times, first Brazilian to win the title of World Champion.
· Karen Walker – Designer with a global, multimillion-dollar eponymous fashion label, awarded the Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for her services to fashion design in 2014.
· Kathleen Kennedy – Film producer and president of Lucasfilm, has produced more than 60 films, including three of the highest-grossing movies in motion picture history.
· Leia Mi – Art director for Shanghai Disneyland who creates concept designs and provides art direction for Shanghai Disney Resort, was a creative designer at Walt Disney Imagineering.
· Maria Teresa Ruiz – Chilean astronomer, the first woman to study astronomy at the University of Chile, the first female scientist to receive a PhD in astrophysics from Princeton University and the first woman to receive Chile’s National Prize for Exact Sciences.
· Martina Stoessel – Actress and singer who played the leading role on the internationally successful Disney Channel telenovela Violetta, first Argentine singer to reach one million views on YouTube in less than 24 hours for her single “Te Quiero Mas.”
· Monica Lopez Hidalgo – Accomplished professor and researcher of neuroscience, one of the winners of the L’Oréal Unesco Conacyt AMC 2017 Scholarships for Women in Science for her research on the deterioration of cognitive functions related to age.
· Dr. Ndifanji Namacha – Medical doctor and assistant lecturer of public health, Malaria No More UK youth ambassador, delivered a keynote speech at the 2018 Malaria Summit in London.
· Paola Carosella – Award-winning chef and restaurateur, opened her first restaurant in São Paulo, Brazil, in 2001, has appeared as a judge on MasterChef Brazil since 2014.
· Robin Roberts – Award-winning broadcaster and co-anchor of ABC’s Good Morning America.
· Susan Prescott – Vice president of product marketing at Apple with more than 25 years of experience in the computing industry.
· Virginie Delalande – Founder of Handicapower, first deaf person to become a lawyer in France.
· Victoria Arlen – Accomplished motivational speaker, actress, model and swimmer, won three Silver medals and a Gold medal from the London 2012 Paralympic Games, joined ESPN as one of the company’s youngest on-air talents.
International Day of the Girl is October 11, 2018.
More here on the campaign and also some of the selected videos!
(Photo credit: Disney)