#COOKING: PORK & CHIVE DUMPLINGS RECIPE
Pork & Chive Pan-Fried Dumplings | 韭菜猪肉餃子. Who doesn’t love dumplings? Hope these make your day!
2 cups flour (+ more for kneading)
1 cup water
1/2 cup minced pork
1 cup chopped chives
1 stalk green onion, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Sambal Sauce (or Sriracha)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 tbps Kimchi, chopped (optional)
1. Combine flour and water, forming dough.
2. Transfer to floured surface and knead 10 minutes, adding flour gradually till no longer sticky. Roll into ball.
3. Place dough ball in large bowl and cover with Saran Wrap. Allow to stand 2 hours.
4. Prepare filling by mixing all ingredients together in a large bowl.
5. Transfer dough to floured surface and knead 5 minutes, placing back in bowl. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
6. Roll dough into a log on floured surface. Cut into 6 even sections. Take each section one at a time and cut into 4-5 more pieces and roll out flat onto floured surface till about 7 cm in diameter, as thin as possible. Dumplings will be doughy if rolled too thick. Edge of each wrap should be thinner than the center. Keep unused dough pieces covered till ready to use, to keep from drying.
5. Scoop 1 tablespoon or less filling into center of each flattened dough piece, pinching or pleating to seal tight. Keep dumplings on lightly-floured platter till ready to cook. You can freeze if you have too many. You should land with about 24-30 dumplings.
6. Heat large skillet with 2 tablespoons of Canola oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, fry dumplings (sealed side facing up) in batches of about 6-7 dumplings at a time.
7. Add a few tablespoons of water and cover with lid, reducing to medium heat for about five or more minutes.
8. Remove lid. Once water has evaporated, check bottom to ensure dumpling is golden-brown and that top of dumpling has a bit of translucence. If you want Potstickers, don’t flip the dumpling. I like both sides of the dumpling crispy, so I flip it and fry till the other side is golden.
9. Serve with soy sauce and your favourite hot sauce.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)