#COOKING: CHOCOLATE CHIP SCONES RECIPE
Chocolate Chip Scones. The Royal Ascot meet runs Tuesday, June 16 – Saturday, June 20, 2020 and the finest around the world congregate at Ascot Racecourse for an abbreviated, action-packed meet. Queen Elizabeth II already has scored at the meet, her first time in four years, with her horse Tactical. So excited to see Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf champ Sharing represent America for Trainer Graham Motion in Saturday’s Coronation Stakes.
In celebration of the meet which can be seen televised on NBC Sports, how about some tea and scones? We believe in only the best and are serving these with Fortnum & Mason Tea – the real deal, approved by Her Royal Highness herself. 💂
2 cups flour
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 tsps organic raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
3. Grate butter into mixture.
4. Add cream, egg, vanilla and egg. Mix till just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Either shape dough into disc on floured surfaced and cut into 8 equal slices or roll into 12 equal balls.
6. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Brush with cream and sprinkle sugar on top.
8. Bake about 17 minutes or till golden brown. Serve with clotted cream and preserves.
View this post on Instagram
I miss real British Scones. Having Tea at Selfridges in London.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)