Bend & Snaps! Our friends at Hollywood Suite enlisted our help crafting a yummy Legally Blonde-inspired creation as part of their Reel Meals Series. We’re so thrilled to hear Mindy Kaling will be co-writing Legally Blonde 3, one of our favourite underdog stories of all time! How timely, especially since Legally Blonde will be premiering on Hollywood Suite June 28, 2020? Be sure to check-out their Blog for more movie-inspired delectables on their Blog here.
While cookies aren’t technically a meal, who doesn’t love a snack while watching a movie?
These ginger snaps not only are sinfully buttery and full of spicy sass, but they also can be dolled-up like Elle Woods would! We challenge you to break-out the sparkliest sprinkles and the hottest pink icing to pay tribute to one of our favourite on-screen heroines.
2 cups flour
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup Crisco Golden
3/4 cup organic raw sugar
1/4 cup molasses
3 tbsps candied ginger, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, spices, baking soda and salt together in one bowl.
2. Using handmixer, cream butter, shortening and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beating till creamy.
3. Add molasses and mix till combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
4. Add flour mixture bit by bit with handmixer on low, combining fully.
5. Disperse candied ginger throughout cookie dough using hands. Shape dough into a ball, cover and refrigerate for minimum 1 hour.
6. Using food processor, take 1/4 cup sugar and grind for about a minute. Pour sugar in a shallow platter.
7. Preheat oven to 350°F.
8. After chilled, allow dough to stand room temperature till pliable (about 15 or more minutes). Roll dough into equal-sized balls.
9. Dip dough balls into sugar and place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Dough should yield 20-24 cookies.
10. Bake 13-15 minutes depending how firm you want the cookie. When you see crinkles form, this means the cookies are done. Remove from oven.
11. Cool on sheet for about 20-30 minutes. Once fully cooled after minimum 1 hour, you may start dressing the cookies with icing and favourite Legally Blonde phrases and words like “Elle“, “Bruiser” and of course, “Bend” and “Snap“! These are fine in the fridge for a week or more.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong/Hollywood Suite)
For advertising opportunites please contact email@example.com