#COOKING: BANANA BREAKFAST BREAD RECIPE
Banana Breakfast Bread. They say a sign that you may have been infected with COVID-19 is that you lose your sense of smell. Trust me, this Banana Breakfast Bread is so aromatic, you’ll know something is up if you don’t react to this!
We don’t like the idea of eating cake for breakfast, so this super-moist and rustic take on Banana Bread is amped-up with nutrients and fibre to kick-start your day. You don’t have to feel bad for eating cake for breakfast basically. 🍌👃
1 1/2 cups of flour (sifted)
4 large ripe bananas, crushed
1/2 cup raw organic cane sugar
1/2 cup soft butter
1/3 cup of dried fruit mixture: cranberries, cherries, figs, mulberries, apricots
1/4 cup crushed almond slivers
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl.
3. Beat-in eggs.
4. Add-in crushed bananas.
5. Add-in vanilla.
6. Sift-in flour, salt and baking soda.
7. Mix together till combined, do not over-blend.
8. Fold-in half of almonds, add all of dried fruit.
9. Grease baking pan and gently dust with flour.
10. Pour mixture into pan. Ensure batter is evenly-dispersed. Pour oats and remainder of almonds over top.
11. Bake 55 minutes. Cool an hour on rack before serving.
View this post on Instagram
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)