#COOKING: MAGNOLIA BAKERY-ESQUE BANANA PUDDING RECIPE
Magnolia Bakery-esque Banana Pudding Recipe. If you’ve ever been to New York City, surely you’ve made time to have a cupcake or a slice of cake at this famed bakery. But their Banana Pudding is revered and we love that THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING gave it a crack deciphering their recipe! We loved it but made some modifications to fit our palate. This is an awesome treat for a cool day. It’s like a Banana Pudding-meets-de-constructed Banana Cream Pie. Hope you enjoy our take with even more banana flavour and less sweet. This is super-easy to make. If you really can’t find Nilla Wafers, use Ladyfingers.
150g of Mr. Christie‘s Nilla Wafers
3 cups whole milk
473 ml whipping cream
1 package of Jell-o Banana Cream Pudding
5 tbsps sweetened condensed milk
4 bananas, sliced thin
1. In saucepan on medium heat, warm-up milk. Do not let it boil.
2. Stir-in pudding mix. Stir often to avoid it from going lumpy.
3. Stir-in condensed milk. Remove from heat. Allow to cool at room temperature before refrigerating for 2-3 hours.
4. Using handmixer, whip whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold cream into chilled pudding till fully blended. Do not overmix.
6. In large transparent bowl, layer Nilla Wafers
and then a layer of sliced banana. Top with pudding cream. Repeat. Chill 4 hours.
7. When ready to serve, spoon mixture into dish and top with Nilla Wafers
and more banana slices.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)