#FIRSTLOOK: ANGOURIE RICE TO STAR IN “THE LAST THING HE TOLD ME”
Angourie Rice is definitely a name to keep a tab-on after leaving a big impression in MARE OF EASTTOWN and if you ever saw the sweet EVERY DAY, you’re probably already a fan. Rice stars next in Apple TV+’s THE LAST THING HE TOLD ME, alongside Jennifer Garner. The Series, based on Laura Dave‘s Novel, is produced by Reese Witherspoon‘s Hello Sunshine.
- Created and adapted by Laura Dave, alongside series co-creator and Academy Award-winner Josh Singer (“Spotlight”), “The Last Thing He Told Me” follows Hannah (played by Garner), a woman who forms an unexpected relationship with her sixteen-year-old stepdaughter while searching for the truth about why her husband has mysteriously disappeared. The series marks the second collaboration between the married Dave and Singer.
- Rice will play the role of ‘Bailey,’ Hannah’s stepdaughter.
- “The Last Thing He Told Me” will be executive produced by Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter for Hello Sunshine, as well as Laura Dave and Josh Singer.
- The novel “The Last Thing He Told Me” was published in hardcover by Simon & Schuster on May 4, 2021. It quickly became the #1 New York Times best-selling novel and spent 44 weeks on The New York Times Bestseller list.
- The new project marks the latest high-profile collaboration between Apple and Hello Sunshine, and will join previously announced projects produced by Hello Sunshine for Apple TV+ including upcoming psychological thriller “Surface,” starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw; “My Kind of Country,” a groundbreaking global search for unconventional and extraordinary country music talent and the first competition series for the platform; Emmy, SAG and Critics Choice Award-winning and multi-Golden Globe nominated series “The Morning Show”; and the NAACP Image Award-winning series “Truth Be Told,” starring Octavia Spencer and Kate Hudson.