#COOKING: PANDAN-MIC COCONUT COCKTAIL BUNS RECIPE
Pandan-mic Coconut Cocktail Buns. Someone requested a Coconut Bun recipe. Here it is! I dare you to find a better combo than Coconut x Pandan (Asia’s Vanilla). We crafted a hybrid brioche, combining Cocktail Buns (sweet white bread filled with a sweet coconut center) and Pandan-Coconut Milk Buns. These were soft, fragrant and the coconut center made these next-level! 🌴
3 tbsps sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsps organic raw sugar
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup organic raw sugar, ground fine
2 tbsps sweetened condensed milk
1. Take 1/4 cup lukewarm water and stir-in yeast, sugar and condensed milk. Stand 5 minutes.
2. In large bowl, mix coconut oil, flour and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix coconut milk, egg and extracts.
4. Add milk into flour mixture, bit by bit, stirring.
5. Transfer to well-floured surface, kneading 10 minutes. This dough is sticky, so add flour gradually as needed. Let rest 10 minutes with dough shaped into ball.
6. Knead another 10 minutes, adding a bit more flour as needed. Knead-in melted butter. Place in large bowl greased with coconut oil. Cover with Saran Wrap and damp towel for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in oven. Keep large pot of hot water on rack below and shut oven door, replacing hot water every 30 minutes.
7. Prep filling by combining all ingredients in bowl till mixed.
8. Dough will double and be very elastic and sticky (see photo 4). Cut dough into halves, roll into log and shape 6 mounds, flattening each with hands. Place teaspoon of filling into center and bring edges of bun together, sealing tight. Roll gently till smooth and round. Place on greased tray in batches of 6.
8. Cover with Saran Wrap and damp cloth for 30 minutes with fresh hot water below.
9. Remove buns from oven. Dust with sifted corn starch.
10. Preheat oven at 320°F. Bake 25-30 minutes or till top turns golden.
11. Remove from tray. Cool on rack to prevent buns from going soggy.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)