#SPOTTED: MONICA BARBARO IN TORONTO FOR “UTAP”
2022 continues to be a huge breakout year for Actress Monica Barbaro. For one, Box Office Smash TOP GUN: MAVERICK in which she is featured in a prominent role as Phoenix, continues to soar to great heights past the $1 billion-mark globally. And after working one screen legend in Tom Cruise in that Blockbuster, she now will star in Netflix Series UTAP as CIA Agent Emma Brunner, the daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Luke Brunner, also a CIA Agent, though neither of them knows of each other’s involvement!
Barbaro, whom originally intended to be a Dancer before turning her sights to acting, has built a steady Résumé of Television work including Chicago P.D., Stumptown and The Good Cop. With one closed door, another opportunity opens and that has so been the case with her career. It’s amazing to see her thriving in a huge way. So talented! We can totally see her character Phoenix continue to be a major part of the Top Gun Franchise should it expand further. We love how she is portrayed as a great Pilot who belongs beside her male counterparts. Not a love interest, because she’s female.
Was awesome meeting Barbaro! She’s been busy for months now filming UTAP in a variety of locations away from the City, and filming has limited the time she could spend on the Promo Tour for TOP GUN: MAVERICK. She will next be at work on Rom-Com AT MIDNIGHT opposite Diego Boneta. After celebrating her birthday last weekend in Toronto, she had the opportunity this Canada Day weekend to go travel a bit! She’s every bit as sweet and down-to-earth as we’d imagined! So excited to see her career soar!
Some Snaps. Yes I went full-on Top Gun!
It is said UTAP will continue filming through end of Summer in and around Toronto!
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)
#SPOTTED: GABRIEL LUNA IN TORONTO FOR “UTAP”
Austin’s Gabriel Luna is in Toronto working on an upcoming Arnold Schwarzenegger TV Series titled “UTAP” (title subject to change) for Netflix. The eight-episode Series (at 60 minutes each) also stars Jay Baruchel, Monica Barbaro, Fortune Feimster and more, with Schwarzenegger not only starring-in but also serving as Executive Producer. The Series centers on a father (Schwarzenegger) and daughter (Barbaro) who both secretly work for the C.I.A., and upon them learning of the other’s involvement with the agency, they have to work together as partners.
Luna, known for his memorable work in Terminator: Dark Fate (starring alongside Schwarzenegger), True Detective and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., stars in the new Series as “Boro,” an incredibly charismatic, Oxford-educated businessman, who’s chosen to apply those skills to a career in the illegal arms trade.
So amazing seeing Luna out and about grabbing dinner in the west-end. Despite playing some badasses on-screen, he is the nicest! So gracious! Have been hoping to run into him forever. Absolutely cannot wait to see this new Series, which happens to be Schwarzenegger‘s debut in a TV Series!
See our Snaps:
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)
#FIRSTLOOK: NEW CHARACTER POSTERS FOR “TOP GUN: MAVERICK”
We’re getting so close to the release of TOP GUN: MAVERICK at long last. To get you pumped, here are some new Character Posters from the Blockbuster!
After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of TOPGUN graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt. Bradley Bradshaw (Miles Teller), call sign: “Rooster,” the son of Maverick’s late friend and Radar Intercept Officer Lt. Nick Bradshaw, aka “Goose.”
Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it.
Ehren Kruger and Eric Warren Singer and Christopher McQuarrie
Peter Craig and Justin Marks
BASED ON CHARACTERS CREATED BY
Jim Cash & Jack Epps, Jr.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Tom Cruise, Christopher McQuarrie, David Ellison
EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY
Tommy Harper, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger,
Chad Oman, Mike Stenson
Tom Cruise, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Charles Parnell, Bashir Salahuddin, Monica Barbaro, Jay Ellis, Danny Ramirez, Greg Tarzan Davis with Ed Harris and Val Kilmer
See the new Posters:
TOP GUN: MAVERICK IS IN THEATRES, DOLBY CINEMA, AND IMAX MAY 27, 2022.
(Photo/video credit: Paramount Pictures Canada)
#FIRSTLOOK: CAST ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR “UNTITLED ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER PROJECT”
As announced previously, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be making his Television series debut in an upcoming Untitled Netflix project. Additional casting announcements have been made and there’s quite a bit of Canadian representation in there! Schwarzenegger will not only star but serve as Executive Producer.
- Jay Baruchel (he / him) will play “Carter,” the sweet and unsuspecting boyfriend of Emma (Monica Barbaro). Carter is a kindergarten teacher who has been made to believe his CIA officer girlfriend works for a non-profit that provides clean water to those in need around the world. He prioritizes family above all, but his love of Emma will be put to the test when he finds out many secrets about her. (Past Credits: This is the End, Tropic Thunder)
- Aparna Brielle (she / her) will play “Tina,” an NSA analyst on loan to the CIA. Despite her youth, she is very good at her job – extremely capable and intelligent, though a bit intimidated by her new colleagues. (Past Credits: Boo, Bitch, A.P. Bio)
- Andy Buckley (he / him) will play “Donnie,” Tally’s current boyfriend, who is an easy-going fellow. He is a thoughtful and positive presence in Tally’s life, but that positivity fades when he realizes Luke (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is trying to win Tally back. (Past Credits: The Office, Avenue 5 )
- Milan Carter (he / him) will play “Barry,” a loveable man-child and proud nerd, who is an American CIA officer that has worked closely with Luke for the past 20 years. Barry is a kind and brilliant officer who keeps Luke and his team safe while staying far away from the action. (Past Credits: WARPED!, The Neighborhood)
- Fortune Feimster (she / her) will play “Roo” (short for Ruth), a smart, sarcastic CIA Officer who looks up to Luke as a father figure. (Past Credits: Sweet & Salty, The Mindy Project)
- Barbara Eve Harris (she / her) will play “Dot,” the Regional CIA Director. Intelligent, commanding, intimidating – Dot suffers no fools. (Past Credits: Sharp ObjectsI, Station 19)
- Gabriel Luna (he / him) will play “Boro,” an incredibly charismatic, Oxford-educated businessman, who’s chosen to apply those skills to a career in the illegal arms trade. (Past Credits: The Last of Us, Terminator)
- Fabiana Udenio (she / her) will play “Tally,” Luke’s ex-wife and Emma’s mother, who does not know that the two are in the CIA, but has always been suspicious of Luke’s frequent “business trips” which created distance in their relationship. Tally now has a new man in her life, but the chemistry between her and Luke is still palpable. (Past Credits: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Jane the Virgin)
- Travis Van Winkle (he/him) will play “Aldon,” a great CIA officer and world class wise-ass, who is a kind and sweet man under it all. (Past Credits: Made For Love, Good Sam)
- Devon Bostick (he / him) will play “Oscar.” Luke and Tally’s son and an aspiring app developer, who has never lived up to his father’s expectations. (Past Credits: Oppenheimer, Okja)
- David Chinchilla (he / him) will play “Cain Khan,” Boro’s intimidating first lieutenant, working in the illegal arms business. (Past Credits: The Mayor of Kingstown, Reacher)
- Introducing Rachel Lynch (she / her) playing “Romi,” Sandy and Oscar’s sweet 6-year-old kid, who has a special relationship with her “pee-pa,” Luke.
- Stephanie Sy (she / her) will play “Sandy,” Oscar’s supportive wife and mother of their daughter, Romi. (Past Credits: SÉANCE, First Person Shooter)
- Scott Thompson (he / him) will play “Dr. Louis Pfeffer,” an operational psychologist at the CIA responsible for conducting joint therapy sessions with Luke and Emma. (Past Credits: KIDS IN THE HALL, HANNIBAL)
The Series will be eight episodes at 60 minutes each.
(Photo credit: Netflix)