#COOKING: FRESH MOZZARELLA, RICOTTA & KIMCHI-STUFFED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS RECIPE
Mozzarella, Ricotta & Kimchi-Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms. These are all the rage right now with Zucchini Blossoms being available right now, through end of August. We made the best of our trip downtown with a visit to our fave Eataly, where we found everything we needed to make these. We love the combination of cheese and Kimchi (Korean Pickled Cabbage) as these flavours blend beautifully. You can do this without Kimchi, just add a bit of sea salt to the filling to taste to account for it.
Package of Zucchini Blossoms (usually contains about 20)
1/2 cup Ricotta
1/4 cup Fresh Soft Mozzarella (Mozzarella Classica), minced
1/4 cup Kimchi, minced
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 tsp Truffle Oil
1 tsp parsley
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat canola oil in large skilled on medium heat, till oil is hot. Oil should be about 2″ high.
2. In shallow platter, mix flour, milk, 2 eggs, 3 tbsps Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until it becomes a smooth batter.
3. In bowl, mix minced Fresh Mozzarella, Ricotta, 1 egg, Truffle Oil, 3 tbsps Parmesan and a bit of pepper till combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Take Zucchini Blossoms, opening gently till you can see the base. Gently scoop in a bit of the cheese mixture, careful not to over-stuff. Take a smidge of Kimchi and press it into the cheese gently. Pinch tip of Blossom to seal. Refrigerate a few minutes in refrigerator.
5. Dip stuffed Blossoms into batter, coating lightly. Place into oil and repeat, frying Blossoms in batches, careful not to overcrowd skillet.
6. Fry till golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Place on paper towel-lined tray to absorb oil. Serve.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)