#COOKING: FUNFETTI CORNFLAKE CRUNCH COOKIES RECIPE
Funfetti Cornflake Crunch Cookies. Okay, full disclosure, these are very similar to those amazing cookies you find at Momofuku‘s Milk Bar, but we’ve added a Funfetti twist to it, because if you’re pulling out all the stops already and going over-the-top, you might as well go all the way! As usual, I reduce the sugar because the originals are way sweet and nobody has any business eating that much sugar.
5 cups Corn Flakes
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into cubes
36 miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup organic raw sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbsps sweetened condensed milk
2 tsps sea salt
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 tbsps rainbow sprinkles
1. Place Corn Flakes, 3 tbsps sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 tsp salt and half of brown sugar on a baking tray. Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, use handmixer to cream 1 cup butter and half of brown sugar and all of raw sugar. Mix till creamy for 2 minutes.
3. Add egg and vanilla, cream with handmixer for another 5 minutes.
4. In another bowl, mix flour, 1 1/2 tsps salt, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Slowly add-in flour mixture to butter mixture using handmixer. Mix for 1 minute.
6. Using spatula, fold-in chocolate chips, corn flake mixture and sprinkles. Mix gently till combined evenly.
7. Using hands, form dough into 12 large balls. Stuff each dough ball with 3 marshmallows. Place on parchment paper-lined tray and refrigerate for one hour.
8. Set oven at 370°F. Arrange dough balls about 3-4″ apart from one another on baking sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes till golden. Transfer to cooling rack and store in air-tight container. Makes 1 dozen.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)