#COOKING: PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND MUSSELS IN WINE-CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
Pasta with Shrimp and Mussels in Wine-Cream Sauce. This is one you save for someone you love a lot! The way the juices from the mussels and shrimp infuse into this gorgeous creamy wine sauce is perfection. Be careful not to overcook your seafood. You want to remove this from the heat as soon as they’re cooked.
450g spaghetti, cooked
2 lbs mussels, scrubbed clean and soaked in salt water
1 lb shrimp
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup 18% cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
4 tbsps unsalted butter
4 tbsps flour
1 white onion, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
Handful of Cilantro, minced
Sea salt and pepper
1. Cook spaghetti till Al Dente
. Strain and set aside.
garlic and onion in butter on medium-high in large skillet till onions are translucent.
3. Drain mussels after soaking in salt water 20 minutes.
4. Add mussels, cream, wine, half of cilantro plus generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
5. Cover with lid for about 10 minutes. With about 3 minutes left, add shrimp. Cook till shrimp are red, careful not to overcook.
6. In small bowl, make a slurry with equal parts flour and water, mixing till smooth.
7. Mix flour slurry into butter sauce bit by bit till sauce thickens and remove from heat. Coat shrimps and mussels in sauce.
8. Take large serving fork and spiral spaghetti into a ladle and transfer onto plate. Add mussels and shrimp onto pasta, garnish with cilantro and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Serve.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)