#COOKING: FRIED CLAMS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE
Fried Clams in Black Bean Sauce |豆豉炒蜆. This is a favourite of mine and my mom totally approves, giving this a big thumbs up! Something about the combination of garlic, savoury black bean sauce and clams is a perfect marriage. And I love the way the clamshells just scoop up the sauce and minced pork bits, so nothing gets lost. I could eat this every day!
3 lbs Manila Clams, cleaned and scrubbed
1/3 lb minced pork, cleaned
1 3/4 tbsps Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 green chillies, seeded and minced
2 shallots, minced
2 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsps tapioca starch
1 tsp organic raw sugar
1 stalk green onion, minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
Black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Sautée garlic, chilli, shallots and ginger till caramelized. Add black bean sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add pork and stir well. Cook till pork is browned.
4. Turn heat to high and add clams, covering lid.
5. In small bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, starch and about 2 tablespoons of water.
6. Uncover lid after clamshells cook open (about five minutes) and using spatula, stir soy and starch paste into liquid till sauce thickens. Add sesame oil and pepper.
7. Ensure clams and pork are evenly distributed and remove from stove. Transfer to platter and garnish with green onion. Serve with rice.
View this post on Instagram
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)