#COOKING: LEMON BARS RECIPE
Lemon Bars. I adore these so much and one thing that’s held me back from making these sooner is that I can’t finish a whole tray of these myself. This recipe makes a more reasonable amount and that way I don’t worry about space in my fridge/freezer and they’re so simple to make, I know I can whip another batch easily. Please use fresh lemons! You know it’s Summer when the Lemon Bars are out! The nose of fresh lemon juice with the creaminess of shortbread together is an incomparable sensation.🍋
1 + 3 tbsps cup flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup organic raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup lemon juice (2-3 lemons juiced)
3/4 cup organic raw sugar
3 tbsps flour
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In large bowl, cream butter, vanilla and 1/4 cup sugar. Add flour and salt gradually till mixed evenly.
3. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Fill bottom of pan with dough, patting evenly.
4. If using a pan like I did, bake about 25 minutes or till edge of shortbread is browned. If using a shallower pan, baking time will be a few minutes less.
5. In mixing bowl, sift sugar and flour together. Whisk lemon juice and egg together, pouring into flour and sugar. Use handmixer to ensure mixture is smooth.
6. Using fork, poke holes into shortbread. Pour lemon mixture on-top. If there are air bubbles, pop with fork.
7. Bake 30 minutes with the pan I used. Reduce by about 4 minutes if using shallow pan. You’ll know this is done when the lemon filling is firm and no longer swishes.
8. Cool one hour and refrigerate minimum 2 hours. Serve cold. Makes about 6 bars.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)