#COOKING: KEENELAND BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON SAUCE RECIPE
Keeneland Bread Pudding. Keeneland Racetrack in Lexington, Kentucky makes the best Bread Pudding and believe me, it is all the hype! We haven’t stopped thinking about it since having some. We hope to make another trip there this November for the Breeders’ Cup and get the real deal! 🍞🏇 During isolation, they have been kind enough to share their legendary recipe with fans! They use Sister Shubert Rolls, which we don’t have out our way. But we baked some superb fresh white bread last week, froze it and this was the perfect way to give it new life! Other modifications, we reduced the recipe to a third (we don’t have a party of 20 to serve it to sadly!), cutting down some of the sugar as well. I added nutmeg, the original recipe has cinnamon only. And the Bourbon Sauce absolutely is a must!
1/3 loaf of white bread, cut into 1″ cubes
3 cups whole milk
1/2 cup organic raw sugar
1/3 cup golden raisins
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsps Bourbon (they use Maker’s Mark)
1. Beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla with handmixer.
2. In large bowl, pour batter over bread cubes. Soak minimum 2 hours in refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven at 275°F.
3. Transfer mixture to greased baking pan. Press-on raisins, sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Bake 90 minutes or till pudding is golden brown and bounces back with a firm press. Allow to cool an hour.
5. In mixing bowl, whisk butter, Bourbon and icing sugar till creamy. Set aside and serve over warm Bread Pudding.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)
View this post on Instagram