Glass Blowing Reality TV Competition Series BLOWN AWAY is blowing-up! Produced by Toronto’s marblemedia, the second season of the Series just premiered this past weekend and already landed in the Top Ten on Netflix!
With a twist in Season 2, the standout series has gone global. Ten glass artists from around the world gather in North America’s largest hot shop to push themselves to creative extremes in the quest to be named Best In Glass. In each episode, the glassblowers must impress a panel of art experts or risk being eliminated. At stake is a life changing prize that will send their careers to new heights.
This season features many impressive celebrity guest evaluators, including:
● Alexander Rosenberg, Blown Awayseason 1 competitor
● Bobby Berk, Interior Designer on Netflix’s Queer Eye
● Michel Germain, Perfume Designer
● Stephen Weatherly, Defensive End of the Carolina Panthers
● Sunny Fong, Fashion Designer
● Deborah Czeresko, Blown Awayseason 1 champion
● Robert Cassetti, Corning Museum of Glass
Competing for the grand prize this season:
● Andi Kovel – Celebrated internationally as an influential lighting and accessory designer, glass blower, tastemaker and installation artist.
● Ben Silver – Glass artist who was introduced to glassblowing at the Eugene Glass School, where his mentors taught him the skills necessary to begin a life in glassblowing.
● Brad Turner – Canadian award-winning glass artist that has been recognized with 25 industry awards, including receiving the 2013 RBC Canadian Award for Glass.
● Cat Burns – A defiant glass artist who uses flamboyant, sarcastic humor to illustrate her internal narrative.
● Chris Taylor – Award-winning glass artist with work featured in several exhibitions at key galleries and museums, including the MASS MoCA and the 1969 Gallery.
● Elliot Walker – Award-winning glass artist who focuses solely on figurative sculpture.
● Jason McDonald – Glass artist whose focus has shifted to using glass to make art that
● speaks about racism in America
● Mike Shelbo – Glass artist with many gallery exhibitions
● Nao Yamamoto – Award-winning Japanese-born glass artist with solo exhibitions all over the United States and Japan.
● Tegan Hamilton – Australian artist who works with internationally recognized glass artists
See the Trailer:
Season 2 of BLOWN AWAY is streaming now on Netflix!