#COOKING: JUMBO SHRIMP PASTA IN PESTO RECIPE
Jumbo Shrimp Pasta in Pesto. Few things are as decadent as Seafood on Pasta. And it can be prepared so quickly! If you can find jumbo Argentinian Shrimp at your Grocer, it’s definitely worth it for this. I stock-up on my Trader Joe’s every time I visit the U.S., but you can use whatever basil-based Pesto you like in this.
190g jar Trader Joe’s Genovese Pesto (or your favourite)
15 jumbo Argentinian Shrimp, shelled and de-veined
1 cup Arugula/Spinach mix
4 tbsps unsalted butter
12 Grape Tomatoes
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 red chillies, seeded and minced
1 tbsp basil, chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Parsley, minced for garnish
- Cook pasta till al dente, set aside.
- In large skillet, heat butter on medium-high heat. Sautée garlic, tomatoes and chillies.
- Sautée shrimp, adding salt, pepper and basil, till just cooked – do not overcook. Set shrimp aside.
- Add Pesto to skillet and stir evenly.
- Toss-in spaghetti and season once again with sea salt and pepper. Coat in pesto and butter mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and add arugula/spinach mixture, mixing gently till just wilted.
- Use large serving fork and twirl spaghetti till you get desired serving size and guide with a large spoon onto plate. Top with shrimp, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve.
(Photo credit: Mr. Will Wong)